Sunday, May 31, 2009

His name is Tom Holloway

.
The following link is for The Age online article called "A stage they're going through" (30/5/09). It's worth a look but does seem to suggest that all independent theatre artists in Melbourne aim for either a Malthouse Tower Room season or a Full Tilt gig. Now they are both great opportunities but really, is that accurate? I also noticed that it mentions the play Red Sky Morning on a number of occasions, but never once mentions the playwright. The playwright's name is Tom Holloway. I mention that the playwright's name is Tom Holloway because, well, even though my name is not Tom Holloway, and Tom Holloway is not a Melbourne Dramatist, I still think that if I'm going to mention that the play is called Red Sky Morning, then I should probably also mention that the playwright's name is Tom Holloway. I won't mention the director, or the venue, or the actors, or the program, or the name of the journalist, because they have all been covered in the article.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainment/arts/a-stage-theyre-going-through/2009/05/30/1243456778978.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap3


- Amelia Roper

1 comment:

  1. That is so ridiculous.

    The MAIN PERSON responsible for the creation of that piece of theatre is the ONLY one who does not get billed.

    That is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete